Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Member Spotlight

Meet Karen Marotta

Hi, I’m Karen Marotta and I live in Forney, Texas.  My day job is at a title company, but all of my spare time is working on some sort of quilting project.  I took my first  quilting class in January, 2006 and that’s all it took to get me hooked.  I became a member of the Kaufman Quilt Guild in February of 2007 and joined the DMQG in March of 2013 after my sister in law, Barbie Vrba, introduced me to the group. 

I love all types of quilts, both modern and traditional along with hand embroidery, applique and embellishment stitches.  I’m currently working on a block of the month by Sue Spargo, whose  embellishment stitches are amazing!!   

My favorite quilts to make are ones I've worked on for a specific person or event. Like the quilt in the picture, made for my nephew using his dad's shirt for the center square. 

My inspiration comes from all over but especially from my quilting friends.  I have found that all quilters have the same heart and love to share their passion with others.  Whether it’s sharing their knowledge about quilting or sharing their quilts for a special occasion or a good cause, I think a common thread runs through each of us. 

Although I don't post many quilting photos (I'll try to do better) my Instagram name is quiltykaren. Look me up, I'd love to follow you and have your quilts inspire me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment