Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2017

Member Spotlight


Meet Azenath "Azi" Wright


1)  Introduce yourself to us, (i.e., how long have you been quilting, do you have a day job, do you enjoy other hobbies)

Hi there, my name is Azenath (Azi) Wright. I live in Mesquite. I am married to a wonderful husband, have one daughter and a step-daughter and a beautiful step-granddaughter. I have lived in the Dallas area over 30 years, moved here from South Texas after graduating high school. I work full time at Hatco (makers of Resistol/Stetson hats) in Garland. Been with them 20+ years. I am also a Dallas County Master Gardener, so my other hobby is gardening.
So my sewing time is usually Sunday’s. You should see my UFO’S/WIP’S, lol.


2)  How long have you been a member of DMQG, what/who inspired you join our group, are you a member of another guild as well?

I believe I have been with DMQG for 2 years, 2015? And I  attend meeting as time allows (but I’m feeling inspired to force myself to attend more often as I write this)
My gardening/quilting friend, who now lives in Washington, inspired me to join DMQG.
When we would go to quilt shows, I would always point out these beautiful quilts and she would say you like the modern quilts. Modern quilts? I responded not knowing. So she suggested I visit and join and I did.
I am also a member of Quilter’s Guild of Dallas and Mesquite Quilt Guild.

3)  Do you do social media?  if so do you have an instagram handle, or would you welcome other members to follow you on Facebook?

Yes I do. I have Facebook and Instagram. I mostly post my sewing on Instagram: wrightlysew

4) Tell us about your favorite quilt/sewing project.

Hand applique

5) What inspires you to create?

Being around other quilters is what inspires me to continue to sew.

6) Are you a Fan girl/boy (i.e., is there a quilty person you love and enjoy stalking their work)?  Tell us about them. 

Angela Walters

7) Do you enter quilt shows?  Have you received and ribbons?  Tell us about them. 

No.

8) Have you made friendships through DMQG.  Tell us who they are, we would love to know.

I know a few creative gals: Jeri, Michelle K., Leonor, Ashley, Leigh, Maria

9) When you complete your quilts what becomes of them?  Give away? Keep? Sell? Show?

I keep and gift a few.

10) In what room of the house do you sew? Tell us about your sewing/quilting/crafting space.

My house is a 3 bedroom, so I have a guest bedroom and 2nd bedroom is my sewing room or should I say my therapy room. My sewing machine faces out the window which faces the front of the house and I can see my front yard/garden and especially the hummingbirds. And like every quilter, the room is never big enough.

11) What is your current fabric obsession (color, line, style, etc.)?

Gee, my current fabric obsession? Every fabric store, lol.

12) Favorite quilting blogs?

My daughter’s. But I enjoy every quilting blog I come across especially if it has hand applique and machine quilting.

13) Why modern quilting? As a quilt artist, what more would you like the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild to do to encourage/inspire/educate quilters?

The DMQG already encourages by having monthly meetings and inspires by viewing show and tell and listening to other members and educates by having wonderful guest speakers.














No comments:

Post a Comment