Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Member Spotlight

Meet Stephanie Chartier

1) Introduce yourself to us, (i.e., how long have you been quilting, do you have a day job, do you enjoy other hobbies)

My name is Stephanie, I've been quilting for a little over 3 years. I got started because I wanted to make a onesie quilt for my daughter (which I still need to finish). I work for the Army Air Force Exchange Service as a Ecom Marketing Coordinator with a bunch of great buyers. I've worked with AAFES for 12 years. Besides quilting I cross stitch and crochet.

2) How long have you been a member of DMQG, what/who inspired you join our group, are you a member of another guild as well?

I joined DMQG Dec 2016, I was inspired to join after meeting some ladies at Stitchfest last year. I'm also a member of Cedar Hill guild.

3) Do you do social media? if so do you have an instagram handle, or would you welcome other members to follow you on Facebook? 

My IG name is sweetright

4) Tell us about your favorite quilt/sewing project. 

Each time I make something it becomes my favorite lol

5) What inspires you to create?

Beautiful colors, geometric patterns and seeing what everyone else makes.

6) Do you enter quilt shows? Have you received and ribbons? Tell us about them.

I haven't yet!

7) Have you made friendships through DMQG. Tell us who they are, we would love to know.

Yes! So many! I don't want anyone to feel left out by naming names ;)

8) When you complete your quilts what becomes of them? Give away? Keep? Sell? Show?

I get a lot of pleasure out of giving them away as gifts so most of them have found new homes.

9) In what room of the house do you sew? Tell us about your sewing/quilting/crafting space.

I have a dedicated sewing room, but I mainly sew in my bedroom so I can watch tv.
10) Please share photo’s of you and some of your favorite projects, friends, family or pets.

pictures attached





Stephanie & Madi

one of the many quilts Stephanie has quilted 

Chris, Stephanie, & Madi

Temperature cross stitch 

Stephanie with Jared from Supernatural

Temperature crochet 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment