Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Officer Spotlight

Meet Denise Strueber 

Hi!  My name is Denise Strueber.  I retired 2 ½ years ago from a long career in the apparel industry.  I have so enjoyed having time to quilt, to play bridge, and to volunteer as a Dallas County Master Gardener. 

I am a member of Highland Park Presbyterian Church where I have taught kindergarten Sunday school for many years.  I am married to Tom, a retired golf pro, and have three adorable puppy children, Gus, Macy and Tia.  I joined DMQG in 2014 at the suggestion of Lee Jenkins.  I also belong to Quilters’ Guild of Dallas.  

I have made so many new friends at DMQG and am inspired by their talent and enthusiasm for the art of quilting.  These friendships have been strengthened by the time spent together at retreats, classes, and workshops.

Most of my quilts have been made as gifts for family and friends. I am currently serving as Vice President of Membership.

Tom and Denise at their nieces wedding 

elementary school field trip at Raincatcher's Garden, a Texas Agrilife Extension Service demonstration garden. 

Gus helping mommy bind a quilt 






No comments:

Post a Comment