Search This Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Officer Spotlight


Meet Kathy Bright


Hi, I’m Kathy Bright, DMQG Retreat Coordinator.  I have also been Activities Chair in the past.  I’ve been quilting on and off for 35 years.  I began when my children were little.  Back then I hand pieced and hand quilted.  I have worked for Duncanville ISD for 27 years, my current position is Shop Secretary for the transportation department. I have been married for over 42 years, mother of 3 and grandma of 7 and a Cub Scout leader.  I love quilting, sewing and crafting.
I have been a member of DMQG for about 4 years.  I joined with my sister, Kristi Carpenter, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  I have made some very special friendships, Ashley Leon, Lee Jenkins, Denise Strueber, Lynn Tanksley, Bettepat Graves, Sara H., Christina Lee, the list goes on and on.  I am constantly learning new things and am always amazed by the talented ladies in the guild.
I love piecing, putting the colors and patterns together to get something unique.  I love bright colors and patterns.  I like fabrics by Kaffe Fassett and Alexander Henry.  I would like to get into fabric dyeing and embellishing with embroidery. I have entered a few quilt shows and was surprised to get a first and a third place in the 2015 Ellis County Quilt show and Honorable Mention in the 2016 Dallas Quilt show.  I usually give my quilts to family, occasionally to a friend.  Some are hung in my home but most of them are on a quilt ladder or folded in the sewing room.  It just seems that I am planning the next one as I finish the one I am working on.

Kathy and her other half Terry









No comments:

Post a Comment