Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Member Spotlight


Meet Sherry Lundswick 

Hi, my name is Sherry Lundswick and I have recently joined DMQG. I have been a quilter for about 15 years but have sewn most of my life. I discovered that quilting is so much more fun than trying to make a pattern fit my body!!

I joined DMQG mostly because it meets at my Church and I know a few ladies that are also members. I am new to Modern Quilts and think I am going to enjoy it. But, mostly, I am enjoying getting to know the members.

One of my favorite projects is making t-shirt quilts. I never know when I start what the project will end up looking like. It is always fun and I feel like I get to know the person I am making the quilt for, by putting their t-shirts together. 

Trying new patterns and techniques is what inspires me to create. I follow several quilters on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram, but mostly just look for something that catches my eye. I do not enter my quilts in shows. I just enjoy making them for others and don’t want to be judged about my ability.

Most of the quilts I make are given away. I make one for each of my nieces and nephews as they graduate from high school; when babies are born and most recently, I’ve been making charity quilts (trying to use up some of my stash!!)

I am lucky enough to have a whole bedroom dedicated to be my Quilting Room. It is bright and cheery and really messy! But, it’s all mine!! I continually try to find ways to make it more organized but it seems to stay messy. 

I am fascinated by the modern quilts and love that the Guild offers lots of good speakers and classes. I’m always looking for new ways to work and new ideas.

Another quilt made for another niece when she graduated from High school.
This is a quilt that I made for our church's 60th anniversary.                                                          Most of the current members signed it and it is hanging in the church.
This is a quilt I made for my daughter's best friend when she married. When asked what her favorite colors are, she said green, orange and black!! Didn't know how I was going to get those to work but it did!
 This was a quilt I made for one of my nieces.                                                              She loves animal prints and the backing is Texas Tech fabric where she goes to school. 


Sherry and her hubby



No comments:

Post a Comment