Meet Margaret Hannah
- Introduce yourself to us, (i.e., how long have you been quilting, do you have a day job, do you enjoy other hobbies)
I’ve been “seriously” quilting for maybe three years, but I’ve a serious knitter for about 10 years.
- How long have you been a member of DMQG, what/who inspired you join our group, are you a member of another guild as well?
I joined DMQG about three years ago. Cynthia Franco was talking about the people and they seemed like a lot of fun. I enjoyed fashion sewing more at the time and wasn’t exactly positive I could get into quilting. But Modern quilting is not exactly my momma’s quilting.
- Do you do social media? if so do you have an instagram handle, or would you welcome other members to follow you on Facebook?
I do have social media accounts … they are all under hannah5262000 … but I’m really only active on Facebook and even then I’m trying to cut back on that.
- When you complete your quilts what becomes of them? Give away? Keep? Sell? Show?
When you work with a project that takes so long, its’s very hard to see it with fresh eyes. I think I’m more of a process crafter. I enjoy the process of doing an entire project from start to finish. But once I’m done, I’m done. So I have no problem giving the items away.
- In what room of the house do you sew? Tell us about your sewing/quilting/crafting space.
I’m lucky enough to have a bedroom set aside from all my crafting (knitting, sewing, quilting, jewelry making); however, I have to share it with my husband. So half of the room has an L shaped table about 9 feet long with my sewing machine and tools and the other half of the room has a desk and shelving for my husband’s miniature models.
- Please share photo’s of you and some of your favorite projects, friends, family or pets.
Margaret and Stacey Smith
from Spring Retreat 2016
Back of a Wedding Quilt made for a friend
Front of Wedding Quilt made for friend