Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Member Spotlight


Meet Margaret Hannah

  • Introduce yourself to us, (i.e., how long have you been quilting, do you have a day job, do you enjoy other hobbies)

I’ve been “seriously” quilting for maybe three years, but I’ve a serious knitter for about 10 years.

  • How long have you been a member of DMQG, what/who inspired you join our group, are you a member of another guild as well?

I joined DMQG about three years ago.  Cynthia Franco was talking about the people and they seemed like a lot of fun.  I enjoyed fashion sewing more at the time and wasn’t exactly positive I could get into quilting.  But Modern quilting is not exactly my momma’s quilting.

  • Do you do social media?  if so do you have an instagram handle, or would you welcome other members to follow you on Facebook?

I do have social media accounts … they are all under hannah5262000 … but I’m really only active on Facebook and even then I’m trying to cut back on that.

  • When you complete your quilts what becomes of them?  Give away? Keep? Sell? Show?

When you work with a project that takes so long, its’s very hard to see it with fresh eyes.  I think I’m more of a process crafter.  I enjoy the process of doing an entire project from start to finish.  But once I’m done, I’m done.  So I have no problem giving the items away.

  • In what room of the house do you sew? Tell us about your sewing/quilting/crafting space.
I’m lucky enough to have a bedroom set aside from all my crafting (knitting, sewing, quilting, jewelry making); however, I have to share it with my husband. So half of the room has an L shaped table about 9 feet long with my sewing machine and tools and the other half of the room has a desk and shelving for my husband’s miniature models.

  • Please share photo’s of you and some of your favorite projects, friends, family or pets.  

  • Margaret and Stacey Smith
    from Spring Retreat 2016


    Back of a Wedding Quilt made for a friend 

    Front of Wedding Quilt made for friend 







No comments:

Post a Comment