Entries are now being accepted for the first ever Dallas Modern Quilt Guild Exhibit, which will be held October 22, 2012-January 4, 2013 at UT Southwestern Medical Center Library. Entries are due no later than September 27. You may submit up to 3 entries. While there is a lot of exhibit space, it is not unlimited, so entries will be accepted in the order in which they are received – first come, first served – until there is no more room to display them. This is not a juried or judged exhibit. Contact the exhibit coordinator, Laurie Thompson, with any questions.
• Online form at http://bit.ly/MXihV0...
• Due by September 27, 2012
larger than 66 inches wide or 84 inches long
• Submit up to 3 entries
Must be finished - quilted and bound
• Must have a hanging sleeve* attached
to the back, at least 4 inches wide. Quilts will be hung on wooden rods.
An entry comprises all elements on one hanging rod. If you have multiple small
quilts that are meant to be hung as a collection, they will count as separate
entries unless they are connected or can hang on a single rod within the size
• Any style quilt is acceptable
• Identify all contributors to
the quilt if made by more than one person or someone other than the entrant.
Identify the machine or hand quilter if not the entrant.
• No later than the September 27 Guild meeting. May bring to
earlier Guild meetings also.
• Deliver in a pillowcase marked with the name,
phone number, and email address of the entrant
• Contact the exhibit
coordinator to make alternate arrangements.
Pickup at the Library on January 4-5, 1:00-5:00 p.m.
• Must bring
identification to enter library and a signed release if not the quilt owner
• Contact the exhibit coordinator to make alternate arrangements (example:
quilt is to be a Christmas present)
Exhibit dates and location:
• October 22, 2012 – January 4, 2013
• Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00
p.m. (must have photo identification to enter after 3:00 p.m.)
Saturday-Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (must have photo identification to enter)
• UT Southwestern Medical Center Library, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX
• You must accept the liability waiver on the entry form. The
exhibit space is staffed during public hours. During all other hours, it is
accessible only by UT Southwestern ID card holders and a record of all persons
entering is kept. The space is also monitored by several security cameras.
Please submit a photo of your quilt to the exhibit coordinator.
*Hanging sleeve tutorials (this is just a sample; there are many out
• http://www.youtube.co... (video)
Coordinator: Laurie Thompson,